Jun 25, 2024  
PVCC 2021-2022 College Catalog 
PVCC 2021-2022 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Visual and Performing Arts, Theatre and Drama Specialization (AA)

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

Associate of Arts Degree
Code: 529-02
Transfer Program

Purpose: The associate of arts in visual and performing arts degree program with specializations in art, music, and theatre/drama are designed for persons who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a baccalaureate degree program with a major in one of the following fields: art, music, or theatre and drama. This program will also serve the needs of artists who wish to improve their skills and broaden their knowledge in the fine arts.

Graduation Requirement: 1. Students entering all degree programs are required to take one Writing Intensive Course (WIC), which has a prerequisite of ENG 111   and ENG 112  , in order to graduate. Approved Writing Intensive Courses are specified with a “WI” section designation. 2. Beginning in Fall 22, students in all degree programs are required to take at least one Civic Engagement course to graduate.

Although a course fulfills a requirement for a PVCC program, it is possible the course will not fulfill a requirement at a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer need to be aware of the four-year institution’s requirements.

Total minimum credits: 61

A list of courses that fulfills the requirements for History, Humanities, Mathematics, Science w/Laboratory and Social Science Electives can be found on the Transfer Course Electives  page.

Theatre/Drama Electives: Students should complete a full year of theatre and drama courses. Courses for theatre/drama are CST 132 CST 141  and CST 250 .

Foreign Language Electives: Students who have satisfactorily completed two years of foreign language in high school may test for advanced placement into the second year of the foreign language.

Foreign Language or Electives: Students are advised to complete drama/theatre course work designed to match their area of interest and transfer requirements. Students who wish to transfer to the University of Virginia or the College of William and Mary need to take a foreign language through the 202 level.


Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study